Image Map

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Groundhog's Day Treats and Valentine's Day Math Centers

Happy Groundhog's Day!!!  I am so excited that Punxsutawney Phil didn't see his shadow - even though it means my kiddos are going to hassle me.  It's been so cold this past week (and by so cold, I mean high 50's - what can I say? I'm a Florida girl now!) I just assumed it would stay this way for a while.  So my prediction was 6 more weeks of winter - and those kids never let me forget when my prediction is incorrect!  But I am so happy to hear that spring is coming early!  I am dying for a beach day! 

We had a really fun day yesterday.  Our morning was full of reading, writing and math facts, but our afternoon was all fun!!! We had our Boosterthon Fun Run yesterday.  The kids ask family members to pledge money per lap and then they see how many laps they can run in 30 minutes.  The kids loved it and I had a great time too!  After our Fun Run we went back inside and made our Groundhog's Day predictions.  We also made adorable groundhog cupcakes!  They had so much fun frosting their own cupcakes - I may let them frost all their cupcakes from now on! 


I also finished my Valentine's Day Math Centers this morning!  There are five math centers for students to practice addition and subtraction facts to 20, greater than and less than, counting coins, and number patterns.  Click the picture below to check it out at my TPT store!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment